Professional development for community workers
Do you or your organisation need legal training? Is there an area of the law that you need to know in greater detail? We are able to design and deliver targeted legal education sessions.
Community legal education
We conduct community legal education (CLE) on many areas of the law. We are committed to ensuring that the legal system is accessible to all members of our community, and demystifying the law through CLE plays a major part in that. We can arrange for interpreters to attend sessions when required.
Examples of community legal education and training we have conducted:
- confidentiality and duty of care obligations for community sector workers
- introduction to the legal system for newly arrived communities
- working with lawyers in the criminal justice system
- legal issue spotting and referral pathways for professionals and community sector workers
- wills and powers of attorney
- family violence laws
- intervention orders
- driving laws
- criminal record discrimination
- child protection and mandatory reporting obligations
- female genital mutilation (FGM) laws
- public order offences
- therapeutic jurisprudence
- credit and debt
- bullying and the law
- legal information for taxi drivers
To find out more about these programs, please call us on (03) 9419 3744.