We are seeking a proactive and well organised individual to provide administrative support to the operations of the evening and telephone based, legal advice services offered by Fitzroy Legal Service.
Applications for this ongoing, 25 hours per week, position close 5pm Monday 4 January 2021.
Candidates are requested to email the following as one PDF document:
- A covering letter, no longer than one page; and
- A resume which includes details of education, work and volunteer experience.
Applications should be addressed to Claudia Fatone, CEO, and emailed to email@example.com.
A full position description can be downloaded here or see further details below.
POSITION – Administration Officer (Night Service)
The Administration Officer (Night Service) reports to the Finance & Operations Manager.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
File and Database Management
Responsibility for the client file management systems which includes:
- Daily data entry of clients, services, and client documents on our legal management system, Actionstep;
- Maintain client filing system, recommend and implement improvements;
- Training and supervision of volunteers to undertake data entry duties as required; and
- Arranging for the archiving and/or safe disposal of hard copy confidential files as necessary.
- Work with the Finance & Operations Manager, Principal Lawyer Night Service to implement systems, services and processes that are effective, transparent and well documented, including through enhanced use of technology;
- Work with the Administration and Client Services Officer to handle client inquiries, assess their needs and direct their inquiry to most suitable internal or external legal service. Implement systems and processes to ensure effective client handling;
- Maintain and further develop pro forma documents and templates;
- Work with the Principal Lawyer Night Service to ensure effective collection of data, development of case studies and preparation of reports and other accountability documentation as required; and
- Maintain Actionstep to meet reporting requirements and identify changes where necessary to better support lawyers’ use of database.
Employment Law & COVID Clinics
- Provide administrative and data entry support for the Migrant Employment Law Clinic and COVID Tenancy, Debt & Employment Clinic as capacity allows
- Assist with reception duties (ie answering intercom, mail) as required.
- Attend internal staff and planning meetings, supervision and performance review processes;
- Participate in professional development as identified;
- Involvement in fundraising and other events as required;
- Must adhere to organizational policies and procedures and support the agreed FLS Values and Behaviours; and
- Undertake other duties as reasonably required by the Finance & Operations Manager and Principal Lawyer Night Service.
The position will be based at the FLS office on Level 4 of the Fitzroy Town Hall. Minimal travel required (eg: to attend meetings, training). Reasonable travel expenses are reimbursed.
Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services (SCHCADS) Industry award Level 4.
Do you like this post?