The Fitzroy Legal Service is seeking applications for a new position which will support our service delivery as part of the Specialist Family Violence Court (SFVC) at Heidelberg Magistrates Court.
POSITION INFORMATION: SFVC ADMINISTRATION OFFICER
Fitzroy Legal Service is a community-based organisation, independent of government, dedicated to assisting the most marginalised members of the community with legal information, advice and representation, as well as championing law reform and conducting public interest litigation. Our services are offered across the Cities of Darebin and Yarra, and the inner north of Melbourne.
The Fitzroy Legal Service is an inclusive employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender or disability. Members of the LGBTIQ+ community, CALD and Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Classification and conditions
The terms and conditions of employment are set out in the Community Legal Centres 2006-2009 Multiple Business Agreement (MBA) and Fitzroy Legal Service policies. This position is classified at Level 3 of the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services (SCHCADS) Industry Award and is offered as a 0.5EFT position (19 hours per week). Days and hours worked to be negotiated with the successful candidate.
All positions at Fitzroy Legal Service are subject to the continuation of external funding. Employer funded superannuation is paid in accordance with the Superannuation Guarantee (Administration) Act 1992, and is in addition to the salary offered. The benefits of tax-effective salary packaging are also provided.
This position will be based at the Specialist Family Violence Court (SFVC) at Heidelberg and may involve travel to the Reservoir and Fitzroy offices or other locations.
Legal Practice Manager
How to apply
Candidates are requested to email the following as one PDF document:
· A covering letter, no longer than two pages, and which addresses the key selection criteria; and
· A resume which includes details of education, work and volunteer experience.
Applications should be addressed to Tori Diamond, Legal Practice Manager and emailed as soon as possible but no later than 5pm Friday 9 October 2020 to [email protected]. Enquiries can be made to Tori Diamond on 0401 600 689.
The position objective is to:
- Provide effective intake, information and referral services to clients attending the Specialist Family Violence Court at Heidelberg (SFVC);
- Work effectively with stakeholders at the SFVC;
- Undertake and coordinate client file management tasks; and
- Provide operational and premises support.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Legal Practice Support
- Intake and legal needs assessment for clients attending the SFVC;
- Daily entry of Darebin Intervention Order Service (DIOS) Duty Lawyer Records (DLRs) into Actionstep;
- Monitor and action the DIOS email account;
- Develop and maintain effective client appointment system for SFVC client appointments; and
- Coordinate bookings for on-site interpreter services as required.
SFVC Office Administration
- Liaise with the Legal Practice Manager regarding maintenance of office equipment and the ordering and maintaining of office supplies at Heidelberg Magistrates Court; and
File Destruction and Archiving
- Arranging for the archiving and/or safe disposal of confidential files as necessary.
- Support the achievement of the FLS Vision, Values and Behaviours, adhering to organisational policies and procedures;
- Support and foster an environment of continuous improvement, best practice and innovation, including participation in organisational planning and evaluation;
- Represent FLS at relevant forums, working groups, networks, events and conferences, as required;
- Attend internal staff meetings, supervision and performance review processes;
- Participate in professional development activities, meeting Continuing Professional Development requirements; and
- Undertake other duties as reasonably required by the Legal Practice Manager.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Knowledge of the law and the legal system;
- High level verbal and written communication skills;
- A high level of computer literacy, including experience in Microsoft applications Word and Excel, and databases;
- Good interpersonal communication and team work skills, including ability to communicate issues clearly, willingness to participate and contribute to team activities, and ability to work co-operatively;
- Strong ability to manage competing demands;
- Commitment to the purpose and philosophy of the Fitzroy Legal Service; and
- Good self-care and stress management skills.
To be eligible to apply for this position you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen, permanent resident or hold a valid work permit or visa. An offer of employment will also be subject to the completion of a National Police Check.
Do you like this post?