The Fitzroy Legal Service is seeking a highly motivated individual with exceptional communication skills to coordinate our volunteer program.
Established in 1972, Fitzroy Legal Service is the longest standing Community Legal Centre in Victoria. We rely heavily on the support of over 300 volunteers each year to deliver the breadth and depth of day and night services that are currently offered. The position objective is to manage, develop and sustain a successful volunteer program, inclusive of recruitment, induction, training, support and recognition.
Our services include:
- a legal advice service that operates five nights a week, staffed primarily by volunteer lawyers;
- an outreach service and four specialist legal advice clinics (specialising in family law, animal law and LGBTIQ-related legal issues);
- a self-funding day practice that offers criminal and family law casework and court representation;
- a Drug Outreach Lawyer program that provides community legal education, referral, advice, advocacy and ongoing casework services to drug users on an outreach basis through health justice partnerships;
- assistance with family law and family violence on an outreach basis through health justice partnerships in the City of Yarra;
- two community lawyers providing advice, casework and support services at the Neighbourhood Justice Centre;
- an employment law clinic focused on assisting individuals on student or migrant worker visas who are being exploited by their employer;
- community development and community legal education activities, public interest litigation, law reform and the development of legal research and policy; and
- Publication of The Law Handbook (LHB) [hard copy, eBook and online] as well as other websites and resources.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual with exceptional communication skills to co-ordinate our volunteer program. A demonstrated capacity for excellence, innovation and responsiveness in program coordination along with ability to work in a small team and support a cohesive team environment are essential. This role requires the successful application to use initiative, set priorities, organise and manage workloads.
FLS’s tax exempt status allows generous additional tax benefits through salary packaging. Four weeks annual leave is provided plus paid leave between Christmas and New Year.
How to apply for this job
The position is a part-time ongoing position (15.2 hours per week), ideally worked across three days per week. Due to an impending amalgamation with the Darebin Community Legal Centre it is anticipated that hours for this position will need to increase. The expected timeframe for the amalgamation is December 2018.
Please read the position description by clicking here. Applicants are asked to address the Key Selection Criteria in the position description. Applicants who do not address all the selection criteria will not be offered an interview.
Candidates are requested to email Fitzroy Legal Service the following as one PDF document:
- A covering letter, no longer than one page;
- A document which addresses the key selection criteria and
- A resume which includes your contact details, education, previous work and volunteer experience.
Applications should be addressed to Claudia Fatone, Executive Officer, and emailed by 5pm, Monday 20th August 2018, to email@example.com.
Any enquiries should be directed to FLS Executive Officer Claudia Fatone via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you like this post?