PLEASE NOTE OUR DROP-IN SERVICE IS CLOSED DUE TO COVID 19
Sadly, we can't re-open the drop-in service this year.
We will re-open the drop-in service in 2021 - but we don't have a date yet.
We will make an announcement and update this page when we have a re-opening date.
Need legal advice now?
- You can call Victoria Legal Aid's telephone advice line on 1300 792 387
- You can try another Community Legal Centre close to you. Find your nearest one here: https://www.fclc.org.au/find_a_community_legal_centre
- See if you are eligible for help through Justice Connect: https://justiceconnect.org.au/who-we-cant-help/
- If you have a COVID fine (infringement) use our self-help kit
WHEN WE RE-OPEN IN 2021:
We run a free, drop-in legal advice service. It is held every weeknight from 6 p.m (Monday to Thursday) and 6.30 p.m (Friday) - except on public holidays and during the Christmas/New Year period as advertised. Due to current high demand, no new clients are seen after 7.00 p.m. There are no appointments. Bring all of your documents - these must be in hard copy format only. We have access to interpreters.
We can provide legal advice in most areas of law. The generalist evening legal advice service cannot provide legal advice in relation to family law matters. For those matters, please call (03) 9419 3744 to make an appointment for our Family Law Clinics.
If we cannot provide legal advice, we will provide information and do our best to refer you to the help you need.
Areas of law that we do not give any advice and provide referral only are:
- Business contracts, regulation and commercial matters;
- Building disputes;
- Immigration matters (including visas) - for those matters please contact the Refugee and Immigration Legal Centre or Victoria Legal Aid;
- Supreme Court or High Court matters; and
Our evening legal advice service cannot assist in drafting wills.